Saturday, August 28, 2010

Skincare Love

Okay so a quickie. The stuff i've been using for the past month (+the newcoming Neutrogena Facial Bar) and i'm feeling great:

-Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar

-Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel- three times a week maybe. I tend to forget about it, but it's a great product that works without drying out the skin. It really helped with my blemishes and other stories (shiny nose, enlarged pores etc). As i always said, i will NEVER use peroxyde on my face (Proactiv for example, or Clearasil).

-Neutrogena 2-in-1 Face Wash-Mask- another great product. I want to kick Neutrogena's butt because they only sell a fraction of their products in Europe...no makeup, no nada :( this stuff is great because it's the only thing that opens my pores really thoroughly until i can see the clogs coming out and popping at the surface of the skin (i know, gross) and i can easily remove them with my magic wand (the blackhead extractor, that is).
-Pharmacy makeup remover- the best of all times. Maybe if i found the Elizabeth Arden (potentially discontinued) one on the market (a special one, i forgot the name, in a big bottle) i could give it a try. Otherwise this baby is great at removing tenacious foundation (even Double Wear), waterproof mascara and doesn't absolutely irritate my eyes. Never experienced eyelash fall either.

-La Roche Posay Fluide Extreme Anthelios AC SPF 30 (sunscreen)- the best i have ever tried. It's very lightweight, gets absorbed quickly and can even constitute a great base for the makeup. Doesn't leave a white cast but a rather illuminated complexion (call me crazy but i compare it with Le Blanc De Chanel Illuminating Base haha)

-Lancome Genifique Youth Activator- Lancome's response to Estee Lauder's repair serum; costs an arm and a leg but i think it does work. However, since i don't have fine lines or wrinkles i can't comment on its basic aim, but it does make my skin feel rested and more luminous. Very lightweight and not oily at all.

-A-derma Exomega emollient cream by the Ducray Laboratoires- a moisturizer designed for atopic, irritated and dry skins, based on Omega 6 and vitamin B3. It is very expensive, almost 25 euros, but the tube is huge (200ml) and it works wonders especially during the Swedish winter. I was going crazy last December, buying the greasiest moisturizers i could find, rummaging the pharmacy shelves in my quest for the perfect cream- my fear of wrinkles combined with -30 C temperatures isn't a good combo for a mellow state of mind. This moisturizer protects, nourishes, hydrates and leaves my skin supple. I used to alternate between this and Nivea Creme as a makeup base as well and also carry it in my bag (huge tube, but really handy).

-Body America Organics Southern Belle Peach and Mango Body Butter- this stuff is great because 1) it smells divinely,2) it's 72% organic, 3) contains precious organic oils and extracts, such as aloe, mango kernel, coconut oil, apricot kernel oil, shea butter and cocoa seed butter, 4) leaves my skin incredibly soft. I sometimes cheat and use it on the hands and face as well. Is it ok to use it on the face? Have no idea but i love how it feels.

-Nivea Creme- love of my life without which i cannot live. Laugh if you will but i adore the strong rose scent and the creamy feeling. It clogs my pores a bit faster than usual but i never experienced any breakouts or shiny face from it. I love it as a makeup base as well when i'm using the Double Wear foundation- it's the only moisturizer that can keep up with the dryness of that stuff. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment