Friday, August 27, 2010

H&M blush- take two

Part two of the 'My Cheapos' collection, i couldn't ignore this one.

It's actually a small kit from Hello Kitty by H&M (yes, that H&M) that contains both eyeshadows and blushes (namely two, Peach and Strawberry). The colors are delicious and the pigmentation is awesome. Really, am i the ONLY one who has ever adventured into the land of H&M makeup? (i mean me and my friends...) Or are the makeup products by clothing lines (see Lollipop's great video on Topshop cosmetics) different from country to country, quality-wise? I have no idea but it seems that NOBODY else uses H&M :) which is really funny.

Getting back at these two blushes (my bad, i should've mentioned there were two), they're spectacular. I haven't seen these colors anywhere else; not even at the MAC counter. I'm not suggesting they are superior in quality to the MAC blushes, by all means NO. My point is that the most important thing about a blush, in my opinion, is the COLOR. Then comes the texture, then the pigmentation (i seriously don't want to go through the hassle of having to be light-handed because otherwise...bleh), then the finish (matte or shimmery), etc. I don't really care about blushes, to be honest. Because 90% of my favorite blushes were always low-end brands; i spotted wonderful colors at H&M, at the pick-me-up shops on the streets while traveling, in my friend's old makeup collections, at the Saturday Chinese flea market etc. I'm not a snob when it comes to blushes and lip glosses (as long as they don't stink).

Okay, so meet Peach and Strawberry:
-with flash


-no flash


-swatches




-with flash


The peachy one is shimmery (no glitter though) and has a nice sheen to its finish. It's just so natural and gorgeous! the only complaint i have is that it's a little bit dusty, i have to be careful when i swirl the brush on the pan or i get more blush than i need; another small 'thing' is the fact that H&M usually comes up with this type of kits every two months or even more often; it's hard to find the same item again and there are no names of the kits or the shades. I personally have taken the liberty to call the colors strawberry and peach; they are no names, poor tittle things :(
I do think i did these two blushes justice by blogging about them; maybe one day someone will stumble upon this post and take a closer look- they are really adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I bought this kit from London H n M 2 years ago. I'm from Pakistan and I've been anything to buy another one of it ever since. I've asked all my cousins to be on a lookout for them but no luck. Where did u get these from? Store name, price and when?? I Reallllyyyyyyy really want the peach one. I've never found a color like that anywhere!

    ReplyDelete