Friday, August 27, 2010

Finally found- my HG concealer

Two days ago i wanted to decide about which concealer that i already own would actually become the HG. I really floated around and couldn't put my finger on it...because yesterday i went shopping, and i did find it.

It's the Nivea Coverstick in 09 Beige. *breaths in* Ladies, this is IT. It is ONE of them actually. Excuse the impetuousness.....*rolls eyes*...my bad. I do it all the time!



Price and packaging: It's quite cheap, less than the equivalent of 10 euros, and the packaging is very nice. Sometimes the typical lipstick-shaped drugstore concealer bugs me because it's so uncomfortable to use, especially when you use it and the top becomes a little blunt; it's hard to get into all the small creases of the nose or in the inner eye corner. This one is shaped like a thin stick; to get the product out you simply screw the bottom and then screw it back when you're done.

At first i thought this was going to be a Clinque Superfine Liner for Brows-kind-of-job- a terrific product that unfortunately cannot be twisted back...hello drama. I'm really happy with this little aspect because hey, this is supposed to be a cheapster, remember? I can't wait to slam my friend who's rather snobby and solemnly declares she 'loathes' Nivea makeup! Ha!
The color of the packaging is a nice peachy beige, a nice nude that mimics lighter complexions' natural tone. It's not one of those transparent lid disasters that get all slathered with product and look like a mess after three uses.

Shades: I have mine in 09 Beige, which is quite funny (and confusing at the same time) since they only had two shades in the stores (and on the website), namely Nude (i forgot the number, perhaps 05?) and Beige. Errr why would it be 09 if there are only TWO shades available? It's not like it bothers me, but it could be a little confusing (it was for me!), you might end up rummaging through the makeup rack looking for something a tad lighter/darker, namely the expected number 08 or something like that. You won't find it, at least not right now (or maybe it's just a Swedish case, who knows).




When i tried this shade i was a little worried it was going to be a 'mistake', as my Maybelline Coverstick experience turned out to be (light plummy pink concealer anyone?). The color appears as a very light peach, period. No pinks, no nudes, no beige, just peach. Hmmmm. Half of me wanted so badly to take it home (i'll get to the best part in a second), the other one was pulling my sleeve and guiding my eyes to the Maybelline rack...i went back and forth between Nude and Beige, but i finally gave in and purchased Beige. Nude was way too light (think about someone with W15-W20 skintone).

This is THE perfect concealer shade for me, and i own quite a bunch. I always think about Eve Pearl's advice- never get something white, it will make you look like a raccoon, never get something too dark, it's easy to be fooled, and you'll look sick. get something as close as possible to your natural skintone, preferably on the peachy side, two shades lighter (or even one, not more). This is it! I cannot believe i found it!

I usually get overexcited about products, at least more than my favorite beauty bloggers do. But this time, it's so right! The color is perfect for me. Not too light, not too dark, not too pink (i HATE PINK undereye circles!), not too peachy. I just couldn't go wrong with this one! Really!

Consistency: This is one of the best perks- it's CREAMY. The creamiest stick concealer i have ever tried. I remember my old Shiseido cover stick- no way. That one was harsher and harder to blend in, and it costed four times this one. It's just crazy!! This little fellow glides on my skin, leaving a PERFECT amount of product, and for really imperceptible retouches, you can just TOUCH it to your skin and it will leave a bit of product. I am VERY, very pleased and surprised with it.

Staying Power: another positive aspect. It stayed on with absolutely no problem from 4 p.m. when i put it on in the store and it didn't budge till 10 p.m when i took my makeup off. Though i am sure it would have continued doing a great job way past midnight....anyways i am going to test it really soon- clubbing and dancing i mean. Let's see what happens :)!

It doesn't crease, not even remotely close to what other concealers crease like. It just didn't set into my lines which is fantastic! However, i prefer to moisturize my eye area, because well, i always do it, and because i find it even more gliding when i apply the concealer. I think setting it with powder it's optional, i didn't do it because i don't think it's really necessary (combination skin here).

The most pleasant part about it...it is scented :) and i really like it. Smells like Nivea makeup remover, NOT like the Nivea creme or Nivea Visage cream. It's REALLY scented but it doesn't reek. Personally i was getting fed up with stinky, plasticine smelling concealers (Maybelline, L'Oreal, Max Factor, even Clinique and Shiseido) and when i felt the scent i thought i was delirious :)
The smell isn't overbearing at all, it's just there, and you will stop noticing it in a few minutes so no worries there. I LOVE how it smells!!!! Kept sniffing my hands (where i tested it first) on the way home!

For the moment, it's definitely my HG concealer. Waiting and seeing, who knows. But right now, i am seriously in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment