Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Makeup Survey

Though nobody asked/tagged me (haha) to do this, i just thought it would be a great idea to do it...you know. It's fun. And this is my blog, so there you go.
The lovely idea was 'stolen' from Sarah (bellamakeup.blogspot.com) and she did it many many months ago.

DAILY MAKEUP SURVEY
1. What time did you do your makeup today? I didn't put makeup on today because i didn't feel like it. But yesterday, around 12.00 (noon).

2. What's the least expensive beauty item you used? I've got several of those, actually...i think it's a no-name lip liner i bought from a small pick-me-up shop near the St Petersburg subway (while visiting).

3. What was the biggest problem you needed to correct? Undereye circles, definitely, and two-three minor gaps in my eyebrows...

4. Did you apply false eyelashes? No. I use falsies only twice or thrice a month, maybe even less often.

5. Did you do anything while applying makeup? I always listen to music (it inspires me) or watch tv. I listened to spotify-a lot of new discoveries.

6. Biggest makeup mishap today? I didn't contour 100%...perfectly, so to speak. It happens quite often that i either go too smooth with the bronzer or apply it rather heavily. Oh well.

7. Did you have a makeup inspiration in mind? I always have something/someone in mind when i do my makeup. It's not usually a star but a trend/style i assume would look good on me. Yesterday it was my classic enhanced eyes (i can't say 'smokey' because i don't do smokey eye makeup during daytime)/ lightly made lips.

8. What's the most time-consuming part of your makeup routine? Concealing my dark circles and the eyebrows. I haven't lost the bad habit of literally measuring the angle (eye measuring, no tools needed) and taking a couple of photos to see the real deal when the job's finished.

9. What's part of your routine is the most fun? Contouring, highlighting, blush application. I love experimenting with new tones of pinks (my faves for blush) and new angles/spots for my highlighter.

10. What part of your makeup makes the biggest difference in the way you look? concealer (undereye are, it's mostly foundation actually), because it brightens my eye area and makes me look fresh faced; eyebrow contouring, because it reveals my natural eyebrow arch; eyelashes, mine are blonde (though i have dark brown hair) and quite invisible if not made up.

11. Neutral or colorful eyeshdaow? Absolutely neutral. I can't remember the last time i wore a colored eyeshadow...i think it was seven-eight months ago at a party i was wearing a blue dress...and the eyeshadow was more on the plum side rather than vibrant blue.

12. Liquid or mineral foundation? Liquid. Mineral foundation doesn't stay on as beautifully and cakes a little in my pores.

13. Do you do your hair or makeup first? Makeup...didn't have time for hair :(

14. Did you pack a makeup bag to take with you for the day? I never do, though i always say i will. But i packed some lipstick i didn't get to use (i never do, always forget about it).

15. When did you finish your makeup? Hmmmm around 12.40.

No comments:

Post a Comment