Monday, August 23, 2010

Product rave: Neutrogena Cleansing Bar






A short post on a great cleansing product. Ever since i read in a gossip column (yes...i read those :D) about this being Jennifer Aniston's favorite cosmetic product i couldn't wait to try it. Judging by the reviews on Makeupalley and the low price (compared to other facial washes that didn't do crap for my skin...i.e. Nuxe Perfection), it was a sooner or later issue whether i was going to pick this little baby up.

Cons: The consistency is adorable but the bar tends to melt pretty fast. I noticed it was unusually (mildly) sticky for a dry 'soap' bar and the reviews cleared the issue up- it's the natural consistency of the product. I live in Sweden so heat isn't really an issue, but for those who experience high temperatures or humidity, a dark, dry place is recommended for storage. One of the ladies on MUA mentioned her keeping the bar in the fridge. Well, i wouldn't go that far. I HATE to keep cosmetics in weird places because of their particularities. Luckily for me, the temperature didn't allow for the bar to dry up or melt down or anything in the family. I don't have a soap case (mostly due to the soap residues on the sink) so i keep the bar on it's cardboard box on one of the shelves in the bathroom. Works like a charm.

Pros:
- the consistency. I love the transparency and the softness, the mild feeling of holding something more gel-like than other regular cleansing bars. I love the feeling of slightly melted soap, though it hasn't happened (yet).
-the foam. It's PERFECT. not too much, not too little. it doesn't get into my hair and messes it up, it does just what foam is supposed to do and nothing more.
-the clean feeling- only experienced with Lush's Coalface before and this ONLY. I never had a product that would gently cleanse your skin without covering it in all sorts of oils and other crappy stuff. I get squeaky clean skin that's NOT dehydrated whatsoever. Loves it!

Though i've used it twice only i get the feeling that the little wonder bar is going to last, and last...more than my other cleansing products have. I also think it managed to minimize my forehead pores (if it's possible after one use only, but that's my impression) and kept my skin hydrated and not shiny through the night. I think it's great for using both at night and in the morning.

Will definitely purchase again. Too bad Neutrogena ISN'T available with their entire range here in Sweden. I would have loved to try their tinted moisturizers and sun protection hydrating fluids. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment