Monday, August 30, 2010

The Making Of...

...my own tinted moisturizer. I've been trying to find a good ol' tinted cream for ages, without even giving the tiniest thought to the fact that well, i could MAKE one myself. I think i actually tried doing this a while ago but the final product didn't match my expectation. It was too sheer, it caked quite a lot and the worst thing about it was that it 'died' after a couple of days only. I found the poor little 'thing' had dried out and cracked, so i had to move on.

Yesterday i decided to bite the bullet, inspired by the gorgeous Makeupdelight2009 (the bullet isn't inspired by Makeupdelight...i'm babblin'), and tried mixing the following:

-L'Oreal foundations- True Match in Ambre Rose (C7) an Beige Rose (C3), Infallible in Soleil Dore (260)
-Dior Diorskin Forever in 030 (sample product)
-Max Factor Colour Adapt in Warm Almond (45)
-Clinque concealer-All About Eyes in Light Petal (03)
-Lumene primer (abandoned product)- anti-shine in Beige
-Isadora mineral powder in Mineral Glow (02)

The reason was that i wasn't using these foundations anymore. The L'Oreal stuff was too dark for my skintone (from my 'tanned' era), the Max Factor, too light, the Clinique concealer is not my first to go for thing and i also figured i could have some 'consistency' in my new moisturizer, and the mineral powder is shimmery and...mineral. Dior was just a sample that was quite yellow-ish for me to use it all by itself, and the primer, blah, haven't used that since i bought the Chanel and the Clarins. So there you have it.

The base- A-Derma Exomega (Ducray) emollient cream- a great moisturizer i really like. I guess it was this product that really made all the difference- my 'foundation' is as fresh and creamy as 24 hours ago, no signs of color/consistency alteration. Plus you can't beat the moisture+Omega 6 contained by the cream. Yay!

Thanking goodness i had finally found my H&M empty containers (30 ml), i grabbed my concealer brush and that's what happened:

                                                                                                (that's what the stuff looks like altogether)




The initial result was a tad too peachy for my skintone (i blame the Infallible+Dior combo); i added a bit more of MF foundation (the highest proportion in the pan) and the final outcome is exactly what i needed!


So far the stuff looks great but i still have to set it with powder a bit; i dislike using powder, makes my skin feel tight, dry, opaque, but my new handicraft seems to have taken Max Factor's consistency- very mousse-like, with a hint of silicone from the Lumene primer.

However, all in all i do like my moisturizer...this one, teamed with Double Wear (a drop under the eyes), Le Blanc de Chanel as a base on the cheeks (Clarins on the whole face), a tad of Nivea concealer and i'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment