Friday, August 27, 2010

Hudsalva Lipbalm- THE balm

So far i've only used...about a thousand. Yes the classic Carmex, both squeeze tube and tin can, have remained in the back of mind; however, my favorite is the one fabricated for the Swedish army (that's what it says on the label).

The name is 'Hudsalva' which means 'skin ointment' in Swedish and it's a universal use balm. It was invented in the 1950's in the pharmacy laboratories and intended for soldiers' use, for chapped lips, rough hands, cracked and dry skin etc.
My story with it took me a bit farther.
I ALWAYS get cold sores, at least 3-4 times a year, and it's a tragedy because in my case, a blister takes about two months to heal. No, i am not kidding NOR inventing. I am very serious. I used to dread parties+cocktails+the cold weather after+trying to sleep the hangover away+not drinking enough water= HUGE cold sore that tortured my lips as it was popping out. Huge, ugly, thick and PAINFUL cold sore (i am sorry to bring this up but i have a point).

Okay, cutting to the chase, this lip balm has healed my cold sores. Not only as soon as i apply it, in a maximum of, let's say on average, 8 hours or less, the cold sore deflates and 12 hours later, is completely gone, but this baby prevents them from actually popping out. I noticed that, if i apply it as soon as i get that stinging uncomfortable burn around my lips, there's going to be no cold sore there. It's just amazing and i cannot live without it ever since i discovered it.
I bought the chunky, 23 ml tube version because i am obsessed with this balm. It is the only thing that has ever made a difference for my lips.

It is basically not scented, the only whiff you might feel is that of its natural ingredients, so it can occur that you get a slight and faint beeswax smell around your lips. It is really undetectable.

As much as i'd get overhyped over a product, this isn't the case. This is not a cosmetic product (only, i use it as a lip balm/lipstick combo as well) but a treatment. It has helped me get rid of inaesthetic and painful cold sores.

It is a Sweden-only product but the ingredients are quite simple that you might actually find a dupe for it-

Adeps Bovis (lard), Arachis Hypogaea (peanut) oil, Cera Alba (wax), Alcohol, Tocopherol, Caprylic Triglyceride, Vanilin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Sorbic Acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment