Monday, September 20, 2010

Finds part 2

This is a bunch of cheapsters i got with my Rimmel 'haul'. They're mostly drugstore items but i tried some before, so why not go back.

Lumene Natural Code Volume Maximizing mascara

I usually love everything Lumene makes because they're a bit on the organic, naturally enhanced cosmetics side. The first thing that caught my attention was this mascara's wand- huge, similar to Diorshow. Whoa.

It can be a bit hard to work with until you get used to the new humongousness you must handle, but the effect is totally worth it. Huge-sized brushes come with sticky, gooey drying mascaras but this one is very natural (too natural?), you can easily build it up. My favorite quality of this mascara is that it gives soft lashes-no more crisps. I never go for the natural lash look so i mainly use it on top of my 'primer' (Max Factor Masterpiece that is), to make sure everything is kept in control and it all looks nice and 'clean'. However, i'll try it several times before committing to a final opinion (tried today only).

Glowing Body Powder

I needed something cheap, effective and pigmented for this weekend, so i figured why not give H&M a chance. This is a rather revamped product i believe, it's been on their stands for months. It's basically a huge pan filled with glowy, golden champagne-toned body powder. The packaging isn't sassy at all, a clear lid and a silver compact, no brush, no fuss. However, it does a great job at what i need it for...therefore thumbs up. I didn't even have to literally pay for it since i got it courtesy of some customer coupons. I'm not THAT cheap, you know, but when i need something just for occasional use, well, why not.

Helena Rubinstein Illumination Powder

I didn't actually need this (since i already have Clinique's Blended Face Powder) but it was on sale, so i got two of these, 02 Medium and 01 Light (i guess. Light went to my mom as a present). The medium one is a tad more pink-ish than i'd fancy but it's not disturbing. it's meant to gently set the makeup while illuminating the areas such as forehead, bridge of the nose or under the eyes. I tested it and loved it. Now we'll see what happens in about 5-6 days (upcoming review).

Eyebrow Palette

This is a cheap find- again. I had to choose between this, which retails for about € 5, and Smashbox's Brow Tech, many times more expensive. I find there's a similarity between this and the Brow Tech in Brunette. I like the brown triangle, it's very versatile and combined with a hint of the darkest and a bit more of the lightest, gives the most natural appearance. Time to give my old H&M brow duo a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment