Saturday, September 18, 2010

About Garnier Anti-dark Circles 2-in-1 Roll-On


Tried it yesterday. I'm going to be very concise:

1. Can't upload before and after photos because my camera batteries are dead and i'm waay to lazy to go to the store right now (it's been a long evening yesterday). However, you can find many demonstrative photos online.

2. I tried this as a treatment (before applying the foundation) and as a concealer as well (on top of it). Foundation used- Estee Lauder Double Wear (the best foundation for a clubbing night)

3. It didn't crease and gave my skin enough moisture to prevent the foundation from drying up the area or caking around the fine lines. Well done, Garnier, good job (usually nothing works, and i have to wait for my eye cream to get absorbed before applying foundation/powder on).

4. My foundation blended nicely with it and i also applied a second layer after i put my 'face' on. Still, no creasing, no caking but however, no amazing coverage- just a beautifully illuminated area.

5. It might look like sheen/satin finish when you try it, but it will highlight your eyes in a natural way- no white YSL Touche Eclat halo or glitter/frost on your circles. It looks very very natural.

6. The coverage, as i said, exists, but it's not very strong; if you have brown, yellow or very mild circles you won't need a concealer. I have purple-ish ones thus i still have to dab my Helena Rubinstein concealer on; however, it does manage to cover even my circles, about 75% i'd say, which is the same or even more than 90% of my concealers do...

7. If you apply it on top of everything-foundation, concealer, powder, it won't 'disturb' what's underneath it but just blend in perfectly and 'silently' giving a natural look.

8. In Sweden they provided the market with one shade only- boo! However, the one marketed for 'light to medium skin' suits me, perhaps a tad too light for my taste if applied by itself and no foundation/bronzer whatsoever; all in all, i think a darker color would be a tad too much for me.

9. The shade(s) of this product are on the champagne-biscuit side and not pink or orange. So you don't have to worry about ending up with yet another weird color. 

10. It is a treatment (that works in the sense that hydrates the thin skin around the eyes) and a tint; it's more like a whipped cream consistency-wise and not liquid/pasty at all. So you don't have to worry it's not going to work or set into the fine lines. It really doesn't.

11. All in all-i'm pretty impressed with this product. There are 15 ml of product in the roll-on tube so this is going to last quite a while. Definitely worth giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment