Monday, October 18, 2010

Ahoy for lashes!!

Here we go again with the lashes...during my boot camp conditioning routine. I am currently using:
-vaseline
-castor oil
-extra virgin olive oil
-the oils combined
-the three ingredients altogether
-a Swedish pharmacy cream for extra dry skin enriched with peanut oil (worked wonder in the past on both my skin and lashes)
-a second type of vaseline (white, pharmacy refined) in the hopes that something will bring back my lashes. 

The Makeup Store treatment mascara is discontinued. Bummer. Face Stockholm has a product but it's kinda expensive right now, around €30; the SA's babbling that 'uhm well, yes...it does make your lashes grow...but doesn't make them longer....it's a conditioner for lashes thus will make them...longer...but not really, thicker i assume...but they will grow back....unless they have been yanked out...' convinced me not to get that product. 

And i'm also seeing some changes with my 'holistic' routine. Here's what they look like now:
Right eye- definitely not thicker but a tad longer and more luscious. I am not losing lashes either so hurray!
The left eye is the biggest troublemaker; when i removed the false lashes i also lost two bunches of my own lashes....i think there were more than twenty. Notice the gap and the two little hairs sprouting out...my lashes are finally growing back. Slowly but decisively. I had major lash rip off and two gaps actually...but the lashes around the 1st one are gradually getting longer and perhaps it helps at concealing the baldness...sigh. This is the worst feeling ever after getting a (short) bad haircut....luckily, mascara is much more accessible than hair extensions and looks better than wigs ;)

My lashes still look crappy with mascara on because they're fewer and adding copious layers of makeup makes them look crunchy and unnatural (eeeeekkk!!!! i hate the look!!!) but what's a girl gotta do.....



I'll keep my aforementioned regimen and perhaps muster the courage to pick up an eyelash growth product...heard about a 'good one' from a lady working in a beauty salon, hopefully it isn't something excessively priced...anyways. I'll come back in a couple of days and do an update on my lashes...i feel so down and bad without them :( sigh sigh and triple sigh.

2 comments: