Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Help To Find Mr. Right

Today's try...and i got cherried away.
I've had this lipstick for a while, and never tried it properly, only a dab here, a swatch here. I'm actually glad i got to do it since it's a beautiful color for summer, especially in the evening. I prefer lighter lipsticks, more natural, peach and pinks, but this is a re-find i'm definitely glad about. Who knows what other stuff i've got laying around in my makeup shelves...









The product i used is called 'Help To Find Mr Right' and it's a lovely red lip tint from H&M cosmetics. I really really LOVE their lipglosses, lipsticks and tints, together with their false lashes and eye liners.









The color is beautiful, the little pan retails for about 3 euros or actually less, and i simply can't believe the wonderful texture. It's creamy, gel-like, it easily dissolves in contact with water (not necessarily a pro but i like to be able to completely wipe off any traces of lipstick if i'm wearing something darker than the usual so i'd apply a new one and be good to go), and you basically don't need a lipgloss afterwards. Whether you decide to use a serious layer of product or just a little dab the results will be the same; the color is less intense when applied scarcely, giving rosy, dewy plump lips. My complaints about these lip tints is that they're too pigmented to be used as cream blushes (well...they weren't supposed to do this in the first place so..) and the rather limited choice of colors...apart from this cherry red there's also fuchsia, then a taupe sort of pink, matte and creamy, a very pretty color that doesn't suit my skintone (unfortunately) and then a few others i haven't tried yet...which makes me think i must embark on a shopping spree as soon as possible...

I also used a lip liner to prevent any bleeding from happening, though the gel consistency doesn't really allow it to happen:





Maybelline's Moisture Extreme in 59 Rosewood/Bois de Rose, my all time favorite.

Swatches:





(The line next to the lip tint is the lip liner. I smudged it a little so the undertones would come out better).
Hurray for drugstore makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment